There are hundreds of boating accidents in South Carolina every year. Many happen because boat operators are negligent, careless, or inexperienced. If you’ve been injured in a boat accident and someone else is to blame, you might be entitled to compensation. Tyler Lee at Lee Injury Law is an experienced boating accident lawyer and can help you fight to get every last penny you need and deserve.
Boat accidents tend to be particularly dangerous because there’s water involved. Even if you’re not injured in the collision itself, you can get thrown from the boat into open waters. You’re then put in danger of drowning, getting hit by a boat, animals, or even driting away from rescuers. After you’ve made it to land, you’ll not only have to deal with your physical injuries but the emotional trauma of your accident, as well.
If you have been injured on a boat, our Columbia, SC boating accident lawyers know that getting the necessary evidence immediately after the accident can help clarify your rights moving forward with a claim. If the operator of the boat was negligent and wasn’t paying attention, was under the influence of alcohol, or was recklessly operating this vessel, you have grounds to file a claim for compensation. The typical injuries associated with a boating accident in South Carolina can include:
• Broken bones
• Internal organ damage
• Head injuries
• Spinal cord injuries
• Back pain
No matter how your accident happened, if it was partly due to the reckless or negligent nature of the boating operator, you may have grounds to fight. When you go up against a boat owner or his or her insurance company, it is imperative that you understand the full scope of your rights and educate yourself about how best to protect yourself going forward.
• Standing up to insurance companies when they try to manipulate you or try to get you to accept less money than you deserve
• Investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident, determine the cause(s), and identify who might be responsible
• Seeking compensation from anyone who contributed to your boat accident and injuries
• Trying to minimize your role in the crash if others involved in your accident try to shift the blame to you, and
• Consult with experts to better understand the extent of your injuries and the value of your case.
We know how critical money can be when you’re trying to recover from an unexpected injury. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to get you the cash you deserve. Call our Columbia, SC law office today to learn more at 803-500-0000.